Monday, October 20, 2014

Malazan Book of the Fallen - The End

I finally made it. And I was reminded yet again of how much I enjoy reading that series, with it being the second time I have read through it. It is definitely a bittersweet ending, and I was in tears over the characters that were lost in the final battle, and when Korlat was able to have her final moment with Whiskeyjack. Heck...I was in tears during the time Gesler and Stormy played their final acts. In my mind this series definitely deserves to be described as an epic. The story develops in a way where you are lead to follow one train of thought and then you find out that the picture is even bigger and you had it all wrong. I have never grown attached to SO many characters over the course of a series before. And I think that is because Erikson is quite good at balancing all of these important characters, so you feel as if no one was slighted. It just gives me goosebumps thinking of how strong sheer force of will, stubbornness and determination can achieve so much.

If you have read things like the Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin, or even love The Lord of the Rings; where they both have that feeling of "everything is only getting worse, how can it get better?", and like the idea of light finally, in the very end shining through and some good is able to come of all the suffering then I definitely encourage you to read this series.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now next off, I plan on reading the Healer series by Maria V. Snyder. Mainly because I do have the 3rd book FINALLY so I can read it. And in early preparation for her newest book coming out in (insert number from timer on the left here) months and days. Because following that I am re-reading her Study and Glass series. I want to read them now because afterwards I plan on reading Brandon Sanderson's new book and I don't know how soon I will be able to get through it because I plan on tearing into Shadow study because everything will be vaguely fresh in my mind.

So let me know, if you have read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series and what you thought of it, or if you have read any of the books I intend on reading for the first time or re-reading let me know what you think.

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment