Monday, December 22, 2014

Reading and the New Year

So first and foremost I wanted to apologize for being a slacker on the reading. I have been busy finishing up the last presents I have been making for my family. Or else I would have been done with this series already. So I have been thinking about whether or not I want to continue with my current reading list...and I have decided for right now it is going to go on a hiatus. And I have had a very strong urge to go and read some books that take my down memory lane. This is in the sense where it has been years since I have read them; not because they aren't good but because I just hadn't had the urge to revisit them. Most of them were books that I bought when I was in high school and middle school and read them to death. There is one book in particular that I did not ever finish, but that was because at the time I recognized it was beyond my reading comprehension (a book my mom bought me when I was probably 6th grade). And I just never came back to it, and decided to hold on to it.

So anyways, the whole idea of the new year is to go about doing new things. Starting anew. And maybe I will get a nice new perspective on some old favorites. I will list the main ones that have been whispering to me to read them...well not really whispering...that is just what I call it when I look at my bookshelves and certain parts of a book just pop into my head. And that is when I know it is time to read them. So what books are whispering to me?

1) Random Terry Pratchett books...I haven't decided which ones yet. I always loved Going Postal and Reaper Man. I think I will probably throw in some random Terry Pratchett as it suits me.

2) A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer

3) The Dragon Quartet by Marjorie B. Kellogg

4) The Quickening Trilogy by Fiona McIntosh

5) All of my Michael A. Stackpole books. Which consists of a duo, a prequel, and a series that follows after the prequel.

6) The Path Trilogy by Diana Pharaoh Francis

These are the main ones to name a few. I might even embark on my Anne McCaffrey books; the Dragonriders of Pern, the Freedom Series, and the Mysteries of Ireta.

However, I don't know how far I will get. Now that I have a new job I see myself going on a book buying spree for my birthday. I could even write a book haul...I have quite a few series that I need to get updated on. Specifically my Circle series by Tamora Pierce. I started in the middle and promptly stopped once I realized that I need to buy the beginning series.

If you want to throw in a word about the books I plan on reading, please do so. OR if you just want to share a book you haven't read in awhile but plan to do so, please share. :) Everyone have a happy holiday season if you are celebrating. Or just enjoy the end of 2014, and get ready for hopefully a better year with 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment