Friday, September 19, 2014

Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World

So outside of reading I do enjoy doing some crochet. I don't do it as often as I would like and since it IS technically a book I figured why not talk about it for those of you who enjoy crocheting. This has numerous patterns that I think look absolutely beautiful, and I cannot wait to try them out. The only issue that I have been running into is the technical 1-skein aspect of it. Every pattern is designed from someone and they managed to do the hat or scarf, etc. with one skein. Which only really works if you are able to track down the same exact yarn brand in the stores around you or want to order it online. There are two different projects that I planned on doing and I sadly had to go and buy a second skein because everything I could find was a few yards short or wasn't even close. And one issue I could see coming up specifically is the pillow cover on the cover. If you want the same effect you had better make sure and order that exact yarn; or just be happy with whatever yarn you can get your hands on. Other than that, I feel like this book will definitely keep me busy with random projects to do. 

For those of you who use Etsy and generally use the Lionbrand free patterns or what not for what you create and sell on Etsy, you are not allowed to make and sell using the patterns in the book according to the publisher company of the book. They said that you can sell if you have made some alterations to the pattern essentially making it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment